CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Exciting News!!!!!!

I know I just updated Monday, but this news couldn't wait!! I'M GOING TO HONDURAS THIS SUMMER!! AHH! I' M SOOO EXCITED!! My church is taking a mission trip down there June 9-17 and my mom and I are going! We had a lady from Casa de Esperanza, where two people from my youth group went this past summer, speak at prime time tonight! It was soo moving...I got goose bumps and chills when she was speaking! I knew God was telling me that I needed to go be a part of the mission trip!!!! Casa de Esperanza (which means House of Hope) started out with 5 kids. About a week and a half ago the got 5 more kids and they need all the help they can get! When we go down there, we could be building houses, visiting orphanages, distributing food and clothing, doing vacation bible schools/adult bible studies, and hospital visits. I saw this thing on Sam's xanga and I loved it so I'm going to put it on here----- If we could reduce the world's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all existing human ratios remaining the same, the demographics would look something like this:60- Asians, 12-Europeans, 5-US Americans and Canadians. 8-Latin Americans, 14-Africans 49-would be female, 51-would be male, 82-would be non-white, 18-white,89- heterosexual, 11- homosexual, 33- would be Christian, 67-would be non-Christian, 5-would control 32% of the entire world's wealth, and all of them would be US citizens, 80-would live in substandard housing, 24-would not have any electricity(And of the 76% that do have electricity, most would only use it for light at night.),67-would be unable to read, 1- (only one) would have a college education, 50- would be malnourished and 1 dying of starvation, 33- would be without access to a safe water supply, 1- would have HIV, 1- near death, 2- would be near birth, 7- people would have access to the Internet. If to take a look at the world from this condensed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes evident.Think of it! If you woke up this morning with more health than sickness, you are luckier than the million that will not survive this week. If you have never experienced a war, a loneliness of an imprisonment, an agony of tortures, or a famine, You are happier, than 500 million persons in this world. If you are able to go to church, mosque or synagogue without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death, you are happier, than 3 billion persons in this world.If there is a meal in your refrigerator, if you are dressed and have got shoes, if you have a bed and a roof above your head, you are better off, than 75% of people in this world. If your parents are still alive and still married, then you are a rarity. If you have a bank account, money in your purse, and there is some trifle in your coin box, you belong to 8% of well-provided people in this world. If you read this text, you are blessed three times as much, because Someone has thought of you;You do not belong to those 2 billion people which cannot read and... you have your computer! Someone once said: Live like it's Heaven on Earth. This is your world, its your life, you CAN make a difference!----- Jen (the lady that spoke tonight from Casa de Esperanza) had a WONDERFUL quote tonight that I loved and this is what it said: Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of the Lord!!--- I'm sooo excited and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me on this trip!!!The website for Casa de Esperanza is: www.cde-hopehouse.org Here is Jen's blog if you want to take a look: www.calledandcompelled.blogspot.com and if you want to see pictures of some of the kids at Casa de Esperanza, look at my friend Sam's xanga that went this summer: www.xanga.com/footprints_in_the_sand_05 Leave me comments!!! Hannah Elise---- God, let my heart be broken by the things that break your heart! Help Jen and all the kids at Casa de Esperanza!! Prepare my heart and mind for this trip and help me to do your will down in Honduras!! Amen

5 comments:

Tiffany Rose said...

It will change your life! I'm so proud of you Hannah Elise! You're growing into an amazing woman!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah!
you are a verry blessed and lucky girl to go down and preach the word to them down there in hounduros!! ( i kno i spelled it rong =( i dont kno how to=( )
and i am veryy veryy blessed to have such an.......OUTGOING friend! thank you for what you did hannah!! your the best!!!

i love a girl and her name just happens to be hannah e. clark!!

Drue said...

WOW!!! You're going to Hondouras, and I'm going to Disney World! I'm so excited for You! Love You!! I'll talk to you later and keep e-mailing me!

Anonymous said...

What would you do if every time you wanted someone they would never be there? What would you do if for every moment you were truly happy there would be 10 moments of sadness? What would you do if your best friend died tomorrow and you never got to tell them how you felt? So, I just wanted to say, even if I never talk to you again in my life, I look up to you, respect you, and truly cherish you. You are special to me and you have made a difference in my life. Send this to all your friends, no matter how often you talk, or how close you are, and send it to the person who sent it to you. Let old friends know you haven't forgotten them, and tell new friends you never will. Remember, everyone needs a friend. Dont ever leave the one u love for the one u like, because the one u like will leave u for the one they love. tonite ur true love will realize how much they love u between 1 and 4 in the morning. tomorrow the shock of your life will occur if u break the chain. i f u get this it means the person who sent it truly cares about u, whether they're a friend, gf, bf, or what ever.

I love you hannah you wont believe how much!

Anonymous said...

In the comment says tomorrow will be the shock of your life when you break the chain........nvm that!!!
love ya Hannah Girl<3